Based on the coordination efforts of OAR/GTAR, here is what we have put together for our offices to collection items, and donations for the Moore, OK tornado victims. Please see information below for more information on how you can be involved in helping:
- We have submitted all of our KW office locations (Midtown, Sand Springs, Southwest, Tulsa South, Broken Arrow, Owasso, & Claremore) for designated drop off locations.
- We are putting a full page ad in Tulsa World of Homes this weekend advertising all the drop off locations.
- Mike has a meeting with OAR this afternoon to get more information, but here is the site you can donate funds for relief. http://www.oklahomarealtors.com/
- They do not need/want clothing at this time
- OKC/Moore/TPD are asking that people do not drive to the area at this time, it is not safe and they are being overwhelmed with people which is causing a different set of problems (although they greatly appreciate the effort), they are asking that you donate on a local level and let the professional organizations handle. That is why we are working with OAR. NAR is also aware and putting plans in motion to help. Our donations will go to REALTOR families first and then left overs will go to the community
- All money donations can be made out to the GTAR Foundation (please designate OKC/Moore Relief)
- Items needed: Water – Gallon Jugs, Work Gloves, Batteries, Tarps, Gatorade, wrapped snack items. They have over 47 million cases of bottled water, they need Gallon jugs of water for flushing toilets, washing, etc.